Henry Morgan

Nine million people in the palm of your hand

My piece is title “Nine million people in the palm of your hand” and is a image meant to appear as a city skyline at night. It was created in multiple steps. First I photographed 10 staple stacks lined up on a black background. I took the image into photoshop and edited the colors, added a starry night background, inserted some smoke behind the buildings, added two antennas onto two of the tallest, and gave one of them a bright red glow. My piece is is meant to evoke a feeling of loneliness. I did this by picturing a big city skyline in the distance on a sad blue night, as the perspective of the viewer remains far from the dense area of population, alone. This work was made to demonstrate how a photographer can trick the viewer; I made something small enough to fit in the palm of a persons hand appear as a giant looming city line. I believe I achieved this goal, at a brief glance it appears as a real city. From working on this photo I advanced my ability to create mood through my photography, and I hope to use this in future projects.

Next Post

Previous Post